The workflow contains the sequence of pre and post-patching tasks. Before creating a workflow, you should add tasks and scripts to your library.
The Workflow Library contains Workflows you have created in addition to two automatically created workflows, one for Windows and one for Linux.
- To view the Library select Workflows from the main menu
- The Search bar at the top left corner will enable you to search through the Workflows by name only.
- You can Edit, Delete or Set as default any of the Workflows by clicking on the action button on the right.
Note: When creating a remediation plan the default workflow will be selected automatically for patch deployment unless you choose otherwise
Creating a Workflow
- Select Workflows from the main menu
- Click on Create Workflow
- Fill in the relevant details: Workflow Name, Operating System and Pre+Post tasks.
- Click Save
Note1: a reboot task must be the last task in a workflow. If you need to run tasks after reboot, use run task or use a compliance health test.
Note2: a task categorized as Internal Script cannot be added to a workflow.
After each workflow tasks activity (Pre/Post-Patching tasks), JetPatch will check the exit code and will decide the next steps:
- If the exit code is in the successful list of exit codes (default is 0) - JetPatch will continue to execute the workflow.
- Otherwise -
- If the failure is in Pre-Patching activity - JetPatch will not continue with the other Pre-Patching activities and won’t execute the patch operation. Post-Patching activities can be executed - based on system configuration.
- If the failure is in Post-Patching activity - JetPatch will not continue with the other Post-Patching activities. See this article for more information.
- JetPatch considering a failure in the patching operation only if there were no successful patching operations. Post-Patching activities can be executed - based on system configuration.
- Running server reboot as a post task on Linux servers requires the linux at command to be installed. (Learn more on how to install the linux at command utility)
Choosing a Workflow
- When creating a remediation plan, the user can choose a different Workflow for different groups and operating systems
Please sign in to leave a comment.