The Workflow Library contains Workflows you have created in addition to two automatically created workflows, one for Windows and one for Linux.
- To view the Library select Workflows from the main menu
- The Search bar at the top left corner will enable you to search through the Workflows by name only.
- You can Edit, Delete or Set as default any of the Workflows by clicking on the action button on the right.
Note: When creating a remediation plan the default workflow will be selected automatically for patch deployment unless you choose otherwise
Creating a Workflow
- Select Workflows from the main menu
- Click on Create Workflow
- Fill in the relevant details: Workflow Name, Operating System and Pre+Post tasks.
- Click Save
After each workflow tasks activity (Pre/Post-Patching tasks), JetPatch will check the exit code and will decide the next steps:
- If the exit code is in the successful list of exit codes (default is 0) - JetPatch will continue to execute the workflow.
- Otherwise -
- If the failure is in Pre-Patching activity - JetPatch will not continue with the other Pre-Patching activities and won’t execute the patch operation. Post-Patching activities can be executed - based on system configuration.
- If the failure is in Post-Patching activity - JetPatch will not continue with the other Post-Patching activities. See this article for more information.
Note - JetPatch considering a failure in the patching operation only if there were no successful patching operations. Post-Patching activities can be executed - based on system configuration.
Choosing a Workflow
- When creating a remediation plan, the user can choose a different Workflow for different groups and operating systems