Tasks contain the deployment parameters you want to use in different remediation plans. You can also use tasks to run scripts on your servers, regardless to the Remediation Plan.
When creating a task you can use a Script, an Execution Line or both. Before creating a task, you should add scripts to your library.
Note: It is recommended to run tasks that have scripts uploaded to JetPatch itself, instead of running it from the server.
The Task library contains the tasks you have created and Built-in Tasks created by JetPatch, these Tasks can't be changed in any way.
- To view the Library Select Task Library from the main menu
- The Search bar at the top left corner will enable you to search by Task name only.
- Filter Option: Category, Created by and Script
- You can Duplicate, Edit or Delete Tasks by clicking on the action button on the right
- Note: you are unable to delete a task that was added to a workflow assigned to a remediation plan
Create a new Task
- Select Tasks from the main menu
- Click on Add Task
- Fill in the relevant details:
- Task name
- Task Source: Choos Script, Execution Line or Both (you will be asked to add in the relevant information for each option).
- Execution preview
- Click Save
You can run tasks directly from the Management table (Endpoints > Management)
To do so, select an endpoint and click on "SELECT ACTION", then choose "Run Task" and execute your tasks.
Run Task at a specific time
When choosing the task to run, you can delay the task to run on a specific time by choosing the Timezone and Date & Time