Tasks contain the deployment parameters you want to use in different remediation plans. You can also use tasks to run scripts on your servers, regardless to the Remediation Plan.
When creating a task you can use a Script, an Execution Line or both. Before creating a task, you should add scripts to your library.
The Task library contains the tasks you have created and Built-in Tasks created by JetPatch, these Tasks can't be changed in any way.
- To view the Library Select Task Library from the main menu
- The Search bar at the top left corner will enable you to search by Task name only.
- Filter Option: Category, Created by and Script
- You can Duplicate, Edit or Delete Tasks by clicking on the action button on the right
- Note: you are unable to delete a task that was added to a workflow assigned to a remediation plan
Create a new Task :
- Select Tasks from the main menu
- Click on Add Task
- Fill in the relevant details:
- Task name
- Task Source: Choos Script, Execution Line or Both (you will be asked to add in the relevant information for each option).
- Execution preview
- Click Save
You can also run tasks on servers, regardless to the remediation plan. In order to do so, please follow the next steps:
1. Navigate to 'Policy & Tools' > Automation Script
2. Select the server/s you would like to run the task on
3. Click the 'Run task' button and select the task you would like to run.
4. Click Run Task