JetPatch can leverage Compliance Health Tests for Compliance Testing - the ability to test the endpoint and validate it is in the correct status.
Example of tests are:
- Critical Services are up and running
- SSH Configuration
- Firewall Configuration
and many more.
Management services can contain one or more health monitoring scripts and associated settings, to be periodically executed on the endpoint for a specified managed agent.
When a health monitoring script reports a problem with a managed agent:
- JetPatch Manager records a log.
- In the endpoint list, the managed agent is marked. For example:
Health monitoring tests are stored to be reused in multiple management services, with the same or different timing settings. Once uploaded, they appear in Library > Health Tests, from where you can Download or Delete them.
Upload Compliance Agent
Creating a Health Test Script
Uploading a Health Test
Once you've created a health monitoring script, upload it to the Library as below. The script will then be available to be added to management services.
To upload a health monitoring test script to the Library:
- In Library > Health Tests, click Add Health Test:
- Give the health test a name, and select the compliance agent and OS:
- Under Health Monitoring Test, click Browse, and navigate to and select the script you created.
- Click Save.
The health monitoring test is now available to be added to management services.
Deploying a Health Test
- In Servers, check all the servers you want to deploy the health test and click on "Create service"
- Check the compliance agent and click on Create service (note: if a service was previously created, you will need to delete them via JetPatch > Agents & Tools > Tools Catalog > [click on relevant agent] > Services > X on all existing services).
- Go to the "Health Tests" tab
- Enable the relevant health test and modify the test interval and start delay accordingly.
- Enter a Management Service Name and Save again.
- Click on Yes on the Deploy Services popup
Monitor Compliance tests
If Compliance test failed, the agent icon will have a yellow triangle -
Clicking on the Server Name -> Logs will show the warning log entry with the checks outputs