For JetPatch Agent Manager to be able to send emails (for password recovery, and for email alerts), you need to configure its connection to the organizational SMTP server.
To define an SMTP server:
- Make sure that organizational firewalls allow the necessary traffic (usually TCP port 25 or 587) from the JetPatch Manager Console to the SMTP server.
- Log in as an Administrator.
- Go to Settings > Email, and click Edit Configuration:
- Configure the SMTP settings:
- Enable the configuration. If disabled, JetPatch Agent Manager will not send any emails of any kind.
- SMTP Host: IP address or resolvable name of SMTP server
- Domain Name: The domain part of the address from which to send emails (see below).
- SMTP Port: Usually 25 or 587.
- Select whether to Use SSL to encrypt the communication, and if so, whether to require SMTP server certificate validity.
- Configure the SMTP user account and credentials to be used for sending emails. Emails will appear as from this use (<Username>@<Domain Name>).
If necessary, you can Reset the window fields to start again.
- Click Save.