Deploying Connector on the Endpoint Itself Overview
- -Create/Verify AWS account/identity has Access Management (IAM) roles with SSM permissions.
- -Verify that Systems Manager is supported in the AWS Regions where you want to use the service.
- -Create/Verify the IAM instance profile permit SSM access and attach it to your machines.
- -Install/Verify the installation of the SSM Agent on each of your managed instances.
Prepare the Script
1. Download the script that will be used to install the connector
- For CentOS, RHEL, OracleLinux, SUSE, AmazonLinux: (AWS-DeployJetPatchConnectorOnLinux.sh)
- For Ubuntu, Debian: (AWS-DeployJetPatchConnectorOnDebian.sh)
2. Edit and Configure your CoreServerURL in the script just downloaded.
Install Connector Using AWS System Manager
1. Open AWS System Manager https://aws.amazon.com/systems-manager/
2. On the left menu in Node Management click on Run Command
3. Once the Run Command page is loaded click on the Run Command Button.
4. On the command document page click on the Search bar and input "shell"
5. Select AWS-RunShellScript
6. Go to Command parameters and input the script you downloaded and configured
7. Go to Targets and select the instances where you want to install the connector. (Select the way that suits you the best)
8. (Optional) Configure Output Options and SNS notifications as your need. ( We will not use them for this example)
9. Finally click on RUN.
The deployment will start immediately after you click OK.
If the deployment succeeds or failed you should see it in the command status.
10. Now connect to your JetPatch server and check that you can see the machine on the "Servers" page.