It is possible to integrate with ServiceNow as a ticketing system.
This will allow you to approve / decline remediation plans and tasks such as agent deployment.
Note: a user that has REST capabilities, and is allowed to Open, Read and Change (Write) to tickets is required for ITSM integration.
Step 1: Setup ServiceNow configuraiton in JetPatch application
1. Connect to your JetPatch Application Server
2. Edit the intigua.properties file (vi /usr/share/tomcat/default/conf/intigua.properties)
Add the following configurations in the intigua.properties file:
# Whether or not the enable the integration
# The URL to service now
# Intigua's integration user
# Intigua's integration user password
# The table of creating and polling items
# The field where Intigua should write a short description
# The field where Intigua should write a detailed description
# The field to poll for the request status
# Comma delimited values is expected in serviceNow.approval.field in case of a rejection
# Comma delimited values is expected in serviceNow.approval.field in case of an approval
# Comma delimited values is expected in serviceNow.approval.field when the request is pending
serviceNow.approval.pending.values=requested,not yet requested,not requested
# The interval between pooling the "Service Now" service in seconds
# Name of the table to upload into (which is normally part of the Intigua Integration application)
# Field to use for the correlation ID
# Whether or not to enable the Remediation Plan integration:
# The assignee username in ServiceNow:
# The assignee field in ServiceNow:
# The field for Risk:
# Comma delimited values is expected in serviceNow.approval.field in case of risk:
# The table of users to pull the user SysID from:
3. save and exit intigua.properties file
4. Restart tomcat (run service tomcat restart)
Step 2: JetPatch Integration app in Service Now
In order to open automatic tickets for Intigua operations in Service now we need to create an Intigua Integration app in Service now backend
Creating the Application
- In serviceNow server, Go to Home → Create and Deploy → System Application → Create Application → Start from scratch (create button on the right):
- Name = Intigua Integration
- Scope = the default that provided after filling the Name filed
- Click on Create button (you don't need to enter to Edit App after that)
If The creation does not succeed because of "could not be registered in the AppRepo for this reason: Scope is not available" - change the application name and try again (link)
Creating System Web Service
- In the left search box (top of the manu) search for "Web".
- Under "System Web Services" → Inbound, click on Create New:
- Application = if it's different from "Intigua Integration", click on the wheel in the top right of the page (right to Logout) → Application → choose Intigua Integration
- Label = Intigua Integration
- Copy fields from target table = mark as V
- Target table = search for "change Request [change_request]"
- Click on Create button
- In order to work with our app we need to create a Transform Map between our table to the Change Request table. Click on the "Auto Map Matching Fields" in the bottom of the page, after "Related Links"
- Click on Update button
Configure Intigua Server
- In ServiceNow backend, search again for System Web Service.
- You should find "Intigua Integration" in the System Web Services section, click on it (if you don't see it - refresh the page)
- The Name should be "x_inti4_intigua_in_intigua_integration". Copy it and save this for later.
- Go to "intigua.properties" file (should be in Conf folder inside the tomcat) and change:
- serviceNow.hostUrl=<SERVICE NOW SERVER>
- serviceNow.userName=<SERVICE NOW USER>
- serviceNow.password=<SERVICE NOW PASSWORD>
- Save the file and restart Intigua Server
Validate Intigua-ServiceNow Integration
- Try to deploy/remove an agent from a machine - you need to see new activity in Pending. If there is no new activity please check ServiceNow configuration in Intigua.properties file and check Intigua logs for more information.
- Go to Servicenow server and search for "Change".
- Under "Change" section go to "Open".
- You need to see new request which "Approval" is Requested.
- Enter the ticket and change the Approval to Approved, than click on Update.
- Go back to the Intigua console and the operation should run.