The second page of Intigua 3.7 Operational Compliance Console is the Exceptions page.
This page displays a list of all servers with open and closed exceptions. The Intigua system keeps information on closed exceptions for reference purposes.
To view the details for an exception click anywhere on the line which the exception is listed.
The list of exceptions can be sorted, filtered, and you can take action.
- Sorting the list is done by clicking on any of the column names.
- The list of exceptions can be filtered to locate and display various servers and exception types.
- In order to take action you must select one or more exceptions, and click the “action” button. Choose the action you wish to take (scroll down for more information about the different actions)
The Server column lists the name of the server that has generated the listed exception.
A server can be listed more than once in the list, depending on how many exceptions it has generated. You can sort the list by the Server column to see the exceptions sorted by server name.
The Rule column lists the name of the rule that the exceptions was generated for.
A rule can be listed more than once in the list, depending on how many exceptions were generated for it. You can sort the list by the Rule column to see the exceptions sorted by rule name.
The Type column lists the type of exception that was generated. For information on the specific types, see Filters.
The Severity column lists the severity level of the exception, as was defined for the policy rule when it was created. The possible severity levels are:
The Status column lists the current status of the exception. The possible status values are:
- Open - The exception is still open, and has not been resolved.
- In progress - The exception is in the process of being resolved by Intigua.
- Closed - The exception has reached a resolution.
The Resolution column lists the state of resolution that has been achieved for the exception. For information on the specific resolutions, see Filters.
The Compliance Management Console functions as a way to not only view the servers that have exceptions for various rules in Intigua, but also provides an easy way to manage those exceptions.
Select the one or multiple exceptions you wish to manage, and choose an action from the Actions drop down list (upper right of the console).
The Actions drop down allows you to choose from:
- Fix - Have Intigua attempt to fix this exception automatically.
- Ignore - Ignore any drift identified from the policy rule for this server, and do not open new exceptions related to drift from the rule on this server. Set the resolution state to Ignored. The exception will also be set to the Closed status.
- Unignore - In the event that this exception was previously ignored, and you now want to have Intigua continue to monitor this server and to attempt to fix the exception, select Unignore. The original exception will not be changed, since Intigua never reopens a Closed exception. However, an identical exception will be newly created that you can attempt to fix.