Deploying Connector on the Endpoint Itself Overview
- Verify that Windows endpoint can communicate with JetPatch Server via port 443
- On the Windows endpoint, download the Windows Connector
- Once downloaded, run the following command (make sure you modify the command to point to your JetPatch server)
Note: you can redirect the install log file using this optional parameter:
3. Now connect to your JetPatch server and check that you can see the machine on the "Servers" page.
Verification and Troubleshooting
To verify the Connector was installed successfully:
- Check that the connector folder has been created - "%SystemDrive%:\program files\Intigua" (usually located in "C" drive).
- Check that the Connector service - "Intigua vAgentManager Service" (service name = "vAgentManager") is running
- If the coreserverurl needs to be modified, see this article.\
If there are still issues, generate connector logs from the endpoint and contact the Support Team.