Generating Manager Logs from the UI
If you are experiencing any issues with the JetPatch manager console, please follow the below steps and send the relevant information to the JetPatch support team.
Option 1 - JetPatch Console
Note: only available in JetPatch 4.1.2+
Open the "Support" menu in the top right of the JetPatch Console (accessible from any page in the JetPatch Console) and click on "Download JetPatch Logs"
Option 2 - Platform Configuration
1. In platform configuration, click on Logs & Alerts
2. Click on Actions -> Prepare Log Service
If you are not able to generate the manager logs, you will need to clean the log files in your core-server, which are under /tmp folder.
- SSH to your JetPatch console
- run the following command (please copy the following line with NO changes):
rm -rf /usr/share/tomcat/default/temp/*
- Try to download logs again
Gathering Logs from the JetPatch Server Itself
If you are unable to generate the logs from the UI, you can alternatively get the manager logs via
In addition, to grab the NGINX logs, we need the following files:
Setting Manager Logs to Debug
Note: You should only do this when asked by a JetPatch team member.
- Changing the Manager’s logging level can be done by setting the logging level in the file called: /usr/share/tomcat/default/conf/log4j.properties
- Remember to save the original values somewhere (either in a separate document are commented out), because you will need to revert back to the original values after generating the manager logs in debug mode.
- For example, setting the log level to debug:
- After setting the logging level, tomcat needs to be restarted.
- Once in debug mode, please reproduce the issue and then gather the logs.
- Once you gather the logs, the LOG_LEVEL back to normal and restart tomcat again.
Troubleshooting Manager Logs
See attached pdf (JetPatch Log Files)