JetPatch Agent Manager needs to access its host server by hostname. To enable this:
- Configure a server hostname:
- Log into the server, and open the following file for editing:
- Set the HOSTNAME to the new hostname. For example:
Save the file.
<hostname> is the new hostname. For example:
- Make sure the hostname is accessible by local applications:
If the correct hostname is returned, it is available to applications and you're done with this. Otherwise:
- Check if nss-myhostname is installed. If not, run:
yum install nss-myhostname
and wait for installation to complete.
- Open the following file for editing:
- Find the line beginning with
hosts, and add the new hostname to the end of the line. For example, change
hosts: files mdns4_minimal dns
hosts: files mdns4_minimal dns intigua.example.com
- Again run
hostname -f to confirm that the hostname is successfully resolved.
Please sign in to leave a comment.