For JetPatch Manager to discover supported vCenter VMs, AWS cloud instances, and MS Azure cloud instances, you need to configure JetPatch Agent Manager's connection to organizational vCenter servers, AWS EC2, Azure, etc with a read-only account
VM discovery and vSphere communication are supported for VMware vSphere 5.0 and above .
For other environments, connect to non-discoverable endpoints individually.
To configure vCenter, EC2, and Azure connections:
- Make sure organizational firewalls allow HTTPS (port 443) communication from the JetPatch Agent Manager to the vCenter servers and out to the internet.
- Log in as a JetPatch Administrator and go to Platform configuration (upper right-hand corner)
- Go to Settings > Discovery Sources:
- For each organizational vCenter server, EC2 and Azure account:
- Click Add Discovery Source.
- Select the Source Type: vCenter, EC2, or Azure, and Source Name: A descriptive name for display in the JetPatch Manager Console:
- Click Test Connection. If the connection is successful, a confirmation message appears.
- Click Save (available upon successful connection test).
- Configure endpoint user accounts.
Note: An EndPoint power status will not be updated when the connection is not via vCenter/Amazon/ Azure etc.
Newly-added endpoints appear in the endpoint list with the initial status of Untested. Upon first vAgent deployment or upon a manual Refresh status from the Servers tab, the connection status will be updated and JetPatch Agent Manager will attempt to install the connector on the machine.
To disable a discovery source (for example, before changing a password, to avoid the account being locked due to repetitive login failures), click .
Change Discovery Source Timeouts
- Edit /usr/share/tomcat/default/conf/intigua.properties
- Add and configure the relevant discovery sources to the properties file
discovery-source.AWS.success.sleep-time.min (default 10)
discovery-source.AWS.error.sleep-time.min (default 20)
// Active directory
discovery-source.AD.success.sleep-time.min (default 10)
discovery-source.AD.error.sleep-time.min (default 20)
discovery-source.VC.success.sleep-time.ms (default 500)
discovery-source.VC.error.sleep-time.min (default 5)
// Azure ASM
discovery-source.ASM.success.sleep-time.min (default 10)
discovery-source.ASM.error.sleep-time.min (default 20)