For Windows -
- Windows Update Agent Log
- Windows Update Client Event Log
- Windows Application Event Log
- Windows System Event Log
For Linux/Solaris -
- JetPatch patching execution logs - Those logs are created by JetPatch and has the patching information along with the commands outputs.
High level diagram:
How to use the Log Collection Scripts ?
- For Linux choose 'Internal Script' Category and then select 'Generate and copy linux..' in Script
- For Windows - "Generate and copy windows.." in Script.
- For Solaris - "Generate and copy solaris.." in Script.
All other steps are the same for Solaris and Linux.
For linux :
- Local storage used to save logs: ./@file @Location
- Network Remote Storage: ./@file @Location @Username @Password
.\@file -Location @Location -Username @Username -Password @Password
Q: When should I use the in-depth scripts ?
A: You can use the in-depth log-collection scripts if something went wrong in the patching cycle and you would like a better understanding why it happened. For example, a remediation plan failed on serveral endpoints within a computer group and activities output is insufficient. You can run the task on that endpoint group , collect the logs analyze and better understand the root cause.