JetPatch will check the readiness of your endpoints based on the pre-requisites required to patch that endpoint
The Connector version must be in version 4.1 or Higher.
In case the Connector version is lower, it will be mentioned in the table (see below criteria)
Endpoint Readiness Page
- Search - Search for any endpoint name
- Operating System Family - All/Linux/Windows/Solaris
- Endpoint Group - Filter by the existing Endpoint Groups in JetPatch
- Unmet Criteria - List of Readiness Criteria. Choosing an item from the list will show all endpoint with this unmet criteria
- Endpoint Readiness - Ready (100%) / Not Ready (information is known and does not met the criteria readiness) / Unknown (have missing information)
Note - Changing the filter will also change the graphs and the Endpoint Readiness table accordingly, to reflect the searched endpoints readiness status.
- Readiness average across the environment
- Endpoint Readiness - summaries the global readiness status (Ready / Not Ready / Unknown)
- Unmet Criteria - summaries the Unmet criteria in the environment
Note - "Endpoint Readiness" and "Unmet Criteria" graphs are clickable! when clicking on a section in the graphs it will add it to the filters above.
Buttons, actions, and last synced information
- Run Readiness Tests - Readiness collection action is executed every few minutes, depends on the settings (see "Readiness Checks Interval and Timeout" settings below).
The "Run Readiness Tests" allowing the user to initiate Readiness collections immediately without the need to wait for the next time of collection.
- Settings - Configuring Readiness settings
- Last synced data - representing the last time the readiness information pulled from JetPatch
Endpoints Readiness table
Showing every Readiness applicable endpoint in JetPatch with the readiness criteria for each one of them and some other information like last readiness information collected and readiness percentage.
In addition, endpoints can be selected to run collect the Readiness information immediately from the endpoint.
Note - JetPatch will send the request to collect the readiness information. The readiness criteria will be updated in the table once the collection finished and transferred the information using the Connector status file. It may take several minutes.
Note2 - the Endpoints Readiness table can be downloaded using the bottom-left report action.
For every endpoint in the Readiness table
- Ready - a "Ready" criterion will be marked with a green "V" -
- Not Ready - If the criterion is not ready for the endpoint, it will be marked with a red "X" -
- Unknown - If JetPatch didn't get the information or there are missing settings (for relevant criteria), the criterion will be "Unknown" and marked with a yellow "?" -
- Not Applicable - Not all readiness criteria are applicable for any endpoint (for more information, check "Summary of Readiness Criteria for Operating Systems" section below) -
- Connector Not Supported - if the Connector on the endpoint is not supporting Readiness feature, a red "!" will appear -
Additional Endpoint Information
There are two additional columns for each endpoint entry -
- Last Reported - the last time the Connector communicated with JetPatch (It's not the last time the Readiness information was collected on the endpoint). Hovering the value will show the last time JetPatch detected a change in the endpoint readiness information.
- Endpoint Readiness - The average readiness of the endpoint, based on the applicable criteria. If there is an "Unknown" criterion the Endpoint Readiness will be "Unknown" too.
Endpoints Readiness Report - by clicking on the Report icon in the bottom left of the table, JetPatch will send the Readiness table of the filtered endpoints.
Summary of Readiness Criteria for Operating Systems
The Readiness Criteria is decided based on the Endpoint Specific OS and environment
|Connector Installed||Repository Configured||PS Version||PS Execution Policy||WUA Communication|
|Connector Installed||Subscription*||Advisories Ready||Packages Support||Repository Configured|
|RHEL (Not in AWS)||V||V||V||V||V|
* "Subscription" criterion check is also dependent on "Linux Subscription" settings.
|Connector Installed||Subscription||Advisories Ready||Packages Support||Repository Configured|
More information on our readiness criteria.
Readiness Aspects in the Connector
The connector is running a Readiness script in a scheduled time (defined in the Readiness settings).
Readiness results are communicated over regular communication to JetPatch (Status files) without the need to make any active operation.
The Readiness configuration, result, and script can be found in "ep-readiness" folder inside the Connector "vAgentManager" folder.
- Endpoint readiness settings
- Readiness criteria guide and troubleshooting
- What is the patching checklist?
- Running a task