Management services can contain one or more health monitoring scripts and associated settings, to be periodically executed on the endpoint for a specified managed agent.
When a health monitoring script reports a problem with a managed agent:
- JetAgent records a log.
- In the endpoint list, the managed agent is marked. For example: .
You can also use the health scripts for endpoint management purposes other than health monitoring.
Health monitoring tests are stored to be reused in multiple management services, with the same or different timing settings. Once uploaded, they appear in Library > Health Tests, from where you can Download or Delete them.
The table can be managed.
To deploy health monitoring:
- Create one or more health monitoring scripts.
- Upload them to the Library.
- Add them to management services.
- Provision the management services to endpoints.
For managed agents that run on both Linux and Windows, you can create separate health tests per-OS and add them to the same management service; JetAgent will automatically apply the right health test on each endpoint.
Creating a Health Monitoring Script
Use the following information to create scripts for health monitoring.
Supported languages for the plugin script are:
- Linux: any script language. The script should identify the language using a standard Shebang line.
- Windows: Batch (.bat) or Visual Basic (.vbs).
The script should pass the following outputs:
- Status: one of the following exit codes:
- 0: OK
- 1: The monitoring script has detected a problem, to be logged
- 2: The monitoring script failed to complete.
- Detailed message as printed to standard output
JetAgent passes the following variables to the script:
- TEMPDIR: A temporary directory for writing in; will be automatically emptied after the script is completed.
- vAgent-specific parameters: All the fields that appear in the Managed Agent Settings tab of the management package. For a list of the actual parameter names, please contact JetAgent support.
Once you've created a health monitoring script, upload it to the Library as below. The script will then be available to be added to management services.
To upload a health monitoring test script to the Library:
- In Library > Health Tests, click Add Health Monitoring Test:
- Give the health test a name, and select the relevant managed agent and OS:
- Under Health Monitoring Test, click Browse, and navigate to and select the script you created.
- Click Save.
The health monitoring test is now available to be added to management services.