Installing JetPatch Overview
Requirement: vCenter Version 6.5 and higher.
If you have not already, download the JetPatch OVA file.
- The download file contains the JetPatch, pre-installed on a CentOS 7.7 server. The OVA is about 2.4GB.
- General sizing information can be found here.
Import the virtual appliance:
- In your vSphere client, from the Datacenter menu, right-click then selects Deploy OVF Template:
- Type or browse to the location of the provided OVA, and click Next:
- Continue through the wizard with the appropriate settings for your environment. The virtual appliance automatically allocates a 250GB disk for itself, but if you select Thin Provisioned further on in the wizard, the virtual appliance initially only takes up disk space used.
Change Temp Password
SSH into the VM and change the default root password, which is jetpatch123456. Log in as root, and you will be asked to re-enter the same password (jetpatch123456) and then finally you will be asked to save a new password. Please remember this password.
Static IP and Hostname Configuration
By default, the OVA is configured dynamic IP, however, it JetPatch requires a static IP.
Optional: Hostname Configuration
To configure the JetPatch server hostname, use the Network Manager Interface:
- Then select "Set System Hostname" in the interface.
Make sure the hostname is accessible by local applications:
If the correct hostname is returned, you are all set.
Login to the JetPatch Console
via chrome or firefox browser using https://<JetPatch_Server_IP-or-Hostname>/
Note1: If there is an issue, please review proxy settings.
Note2: If you have your own certificate, see this article.