This document provides steps on how to assign and configure a static IP on a Linux VM.
SSH to the server with the root account and run the following command to open Network Manager Text User Interface (nmtui is installed in JetPatch images). Install it if not present.
- Select Edit a connection option and click OK.
- Select the NIC from the left pane that you want to set the static private IP and select the Edit option from the right pane and then enter.
- In the next window, select the Automatic option from the IPv4 configuration and press Enter key.
- In order to set the IP configuration manually, select the Manual option, press Enter key, and click on the Show option
- Enter the details for IP address/ subnet mask, Gateway IP address and DNS server IP address and press Ok button and quit the console
Note: if you have a netmask, then enter the IPv4 IP address for your deployment, followed by a forward slash and your netmask
- Once back to SSH console run the command to restart the network service
systemctl restart network.service
- To check is IP is assigned correctly run the command