The following response codes may be included in the response to a successful API request:
- 200 OK: Request accepted and implemented.
- 202 Accepted: The request was accepted and a relevant asynchronous task was created. The response includes the task's ETag and the task object, to enable the client to subsequently query task status.
- 204 No Content: The request was to create a state that already exists. For example, the request was to set a managed agent state to the state that already exists. Or, this request has no resulting object. For example, the request was to deleted credentials from the store.
The following error codes may appear in the response to a failed API request:
- 400 Bad Request: Incorrect request syntax
- 403 Forbidden: Authentication failed
- 404 Not Found: Resource doesn't exist. You can legitimately use this to determine if something exists. For example, the client can try to retrieve an endpoint's connector, and this response code would indicate that there is no connector.
- 412 Precondition Failed: An If-Match condition was used in the request, and the condition was not met.