The Intigua Self Packager 1.3 provides the following features:
- Easy to use wizard.
- Automatically learns and adds information - Install the agent using the wizard as normal, and Intigua will analyze the installation and populate the fields with the required information.
- Ability to add custom operations, called Event Actions, at any point in the agent life-cycle. These will be saved in the VAI, and will run any time the VAI is used.
- Creation of firewall rules - Define ports to open in the firewall when the agent is deployed. These ports will be automatically closed in the event that the agent is removed.
- Prerequisite management - Ability to add prerequisite installers to the agent, such as Java, BITS, etc. The prerequisite applications will be installed or upgraded as needed. These prerequisite applications will not be removed in the event that the agent is removed.
- Configuration management - Ability to add a configuration template that will be populated with values used in the Intigua manager.
- Ability to automatically uninstall MSI, RPM, and DEB packages without the need for the user to add information.
The Intigua Self Packager 1.3 provides the following benefits:
- Convert tools into management services.
- Control the agent lifecycle by running Pre / Post action (install, stop, start and remove) scripts and cleanup routines.
- Bundle software patches together with the original installation, instead of running them separately.
- Simple control and management of agent configurations.
- Define management services by assigning different service configurations to one package.
- Improved agent functionality and performance - avoid known limitations by taking advantage of input collected from many customers, which have been incorporated into predefined configuration packages.
- Ensure agent connectivity by configuring firewall rules accordingly.
- Achieve service level control of agents by considering their service behavior.