When you try to deploy the connector on a Linux machine it may fail with the following message:
When this occurs, sometimes the given account permissions are insufficient. You can verify this by performing the following steps:
- Connect to the client server using the same username which was provided in JetPatch console (the assigened account)
- Write a script: echo "hello" , put it under /tmp/test.sh [or download the echo_hello.sh attachement]
- Validate that the owner of script is the JetPatch User (the assigned account) (run stat -c "%U %G" /path/to/file)
- Change permissions: chmod 764 /tmp/test.sh
- Run the script - /tmp/test.sh
There are two optional outputs:
- The script failed - There is a permissions problem. The user in use in the assigned account has insufficient permissions to /tmp folder. Please contact your admin and add the relevant permissions. Alternatively, change config to use a different /tmp folder.
- The script Succeeded. Edit the script to echo "hello" > /var/run/test [or download the echo_hello_var attachment] and run again.
- If script failed - There are insufficient permissions for the user in /var. Add permissions and try to refresh status.
- If Script succeeded - Please contact JetPatch support team at email@example.com