Deploy the 3rd Party Software plugin following this guide.
Publish updates to WSUS Console
JetPatch needs the 3rd party plugin will publish the updates into the WSUS and that they will be visible from the WSUS console.
- Open the WPP
- Open the settings menu from “Tools → Settings”.
- Change the “When publishing a new update” option to “Always make this update visible in the Wsus Console” as described:
Add JetPatch Catalog
Once the 3rd party plugin is installed on the WSUS, you can add a patch catalog to import updates ready.
Note - To get access to the JetPatch Catalog please contact JetPatch Support by sending an email to email@example.com or submit a new request. In the request, please provide the environment external IP (the public IP the WSUS is using).
Download the JetPatch Catalog Subscription
The JetPatch Catalog Subscription file is located in the Catalog itself.
- Right-Click on the following link: JetPatch-Catalog.xml
- Choose “Save link as…” and download the XML.
- Copy the XML to the WSUS machine
Subscribe to JetPatch Catalog
- Launch JetPatch 3rd party plugin - Run the "Wsus Package Publisher.exe" and go to “Updates → Manage Catalog Subscriptions”.
- Click on “Load a shared catalog” and choose the JetPatch Catalog Subscription file
Import update from the JetPatch Catalog.
- Select JetPatch-catalog.cab and click on Import Updates from this Catalog
- A new window will open with the list of all updates in the catalog. You can select the updates that you need one by one of select “Root” to import them all. Then simply click on “Import Selected Updates” at the bottom of the window.
- The updates will start to download from the Catalog. This process can take some time.
Open the WSUS Console and search for any of the updates you've selected.
- It can take some time for the endpoint to be synced with the 3rd party updates and for WSUS to understand they are required on them.
- JetPatch will show the new updates after it will pull the latest updates from WSUS. To kick the synchronization of JetPatch:
- Trigger the “wsus get updates” task - After login to JetPatch application, browse to https://<YOUR_SERVER>/vmanage-server/rest/experimental/patch-governance/jobs/fetch-wsus/run
- After the “wsus get updates” task is done (can be checked in the “Activities” table, with “System” option marked in the “Task Type” filter) - Go to the “Platform Console → Settings → Discovery Sources” and disable/enable the WSUS Discovery Source.