The attached PowerShell script (see below) installs and configures WSUS and IIS on a Windows 2012 server or later with the necessary configuration. If you prefer to do this manually, please see this article.
- Windows Server 2012+ with recommended sizing.
- PowerShell 4.0+ installed with PowerShell execution policy enabled
- Run as administrator in PowerShell ISE.
- Internet connectivity
The script will do an initial configuration of WSUS including
- Set sync from Microsoft Update
- Set updates language to English
- Set the WSUS Products to Sync (edit in the script if required)
- Set the WSUS Categories to Sync (edit in the script if required)
- Enable scheduled WSUS sync
- Disable IPV6
- You have the option to use WID, Local SQL Express, or an existing SQL Server. If you choose Local SQL Express it will be downloaded and installed for you with a default configuration. BY DEFAULT: -SQL Express installation (Faster that WID)
- Additional variables can be configured in the script itself
- Windows OS Media may be needed if WS is unable to find .Net Framework 3.5 online.
- Report Viewer 2008 is also optionally installed, it is required to view WSUS reports.
BY DEFAULT: True
- If a WSUS replica is involved, see this article.