New built-in scripts for Log collection for Windows, Linux, Solaris OS are now available in JetPatch.
The scripts will copy the needed files/logs from the endpoint and will put them in a shared location inside a dedicated folder in the format of "<SERVER_HOSTNAME>-<DATE>"
The files/logs that are being collected are:
- Windows -
- Windows Update Agent Log
- Windows Update Client Event Log
- Windows Application Event Log
- Windows System Event Log
- Linux/Solaris -
- JetPatch patching execution logs - Those logs are created by JetPatch and has the patching information along with the commands outputs.
In order to use them, you first need to create the necessary tasks:
1. Create a new Task
- For Linux choose Internal Category and then select "Generate and copy linux.." in Script
- For Windows - "Generate and copy windows.." in Script.
- For Solaris - "Generate and copy solaris.." in Script.
- All other steps are the same for Solaris and Linux.
2. Write the command for the task:
- Local storage used to save logs: ./@file @Location
- Network Remote Storage: ./@file @Location @Username @Password
See example below
3. Add Parameters
Add the required 'Location' value. 'Username' and 'Password' are optional parameters.
The execution preview will be changed to ./linux_logs.sh //220.127.116.11/logs/ 'administrator' *******
For Windows Write the command for the task:
.\@file -Location @Location -Username @Username -Password @Password
So the execution preview will be:
.\windows-logs.ps1 -Location //18.104.22.168/logs/ -Username administrator -Password *******
4. Save the task and run it from Endpoints > ManagementThe result in Activities will show the successful run