Connector (JetPatch agent) installation files need read/write/execute permission to the following locations:
- C:\\Program files\
- Windows location for installation files is not configurable at this time.
- Linux is configurable. See article
Communication between JetPatch server and endpoints is based on one of the following three protocols:
- From Endpoints to JetPatch -
- HTTPS (443) - Whenever an operation can be done using Web - it will.
- From JetPatch to Endpoints -
These three protocols are used to perform one of the following operations:
- Install Agent (including Connector)
- Uninstall Agent (including Connector)
- Start Agent
- Stop Agent
- Get the status of the connector
- Change connector configuration
- Retrieve connector logs
In addition, these protocols perform scripting and patching operations.
Each of these operations has it's own time-out (for example - time out for install operation is 5 minutes). In addition to the operation time-out - each driver (protocol) has its own growing-scale retry mechanism. Meaning that each failure will result in a longer suspension until the next try (for example - first suspension of 1 second, second suspension of 2 seconds, third of 4 seconds and so on up until 1 minute).