Management services can contain one or more health monitoring scripts and associated settings, to be periodically executed on the endpoint for a specified managed agent.
When a health monitoring script reports a problem with a managed agent:
- JetPatch Manager records a log.
- In the endpoint list, the managed agent is marked. For example:
You can also use the health scripts for endpoint management purposes other than health monitoring.
Health monitoring tests are stored to be reused in multiple management services, with the same or different timing settings. Once uploaded, they appear in Library > Health Tests, from where you can Download or Delete them.
To deploy a health test:
- Create a Health Test script
- Add it to the Library
- Create and deploy the Management service
Creating a Health Test Script
Use the following information to create scripts for health monitoring.
Supported languages for the plugin script are:
- Linux: any script language. The script should identify the language using a standard Shebang line.
- Windows: Batch (.bat) or Visual Basic (.vbs).
The script should pass the following outputs:
- Status: one of the following exit codes:
- 0: OK
- 1: The monitoring script has detected a problem, to be logged
- 2: The monitoring script failed to complete.
- Detailed message as printed to standard output
JetPatch Manager passes the following variables to the script:
- TEMPDIR: A temporary directory for writing in; will be automatically emptied after the script is completed.
- vAgent-specific parameters: All the fields that appear in the Managed Agent Settings tab of the management package. For a list of the actual parameter names, please contact JetPatch support.
Uploading a Health Test
Once you've created a health monitoring script, upload it to the Library as below. The script will then be available to be added to management services.
To upload a health monitoring test script to the Library:
- In Library > Health Tests, click Add Health Test:
- Give the health test a name, and select the compliance agent and OS:
- Under Health Monitoring Test, click Browse, and navigate to and select the script you created.
- Click Save.
The health monitoring test is now available to be added to management services.
Deploying a Health Test
- In Servers, check all the servers you want to deploy the health test and click on "Create service"
- Check the compliance agent and click on Create service (note: if a service was previously created, you will need to delete them via JetPatch > Agents & Tools > Tools Catalog > [click on relevant agent] > Services > X on all existing services).
- Go to the "Health Tests" tab
- Enable the relevant health test and modify the test interval and start delay accordingly.
- Enter a Management Service Name and Save again.
- Click on Yes on the Deploy Services popup