To be able to grant JetPatch Agent Manager access to Active Directory users and groups, you need to first specify one or more Active Directory domains.
To specify a domain:
- In the Users tab, by User Directories, click Add User Directory:
- Provide the following information:
- Connection to Active Directory server: Hostnames (line-separated resolvable names or IP addresses of one or more LDAP domain controllers, to be tried in order), Port (usually 389), whether the connection should Use SSL and/or Enforce validity of server certificate
- Active Directory Domain name
- Credentials of an Active Directory User account with read access to Active Directory
- Users Base DN / Groups Base DN - specify LDAP query if needed.
- Click OK.
You can edit or remove already-specified domains. Poll refreshes domain entries in JetPatch for role assignment; to view the refreshed entries you may need to refresh your browser.
You can disable all permissions given to a domain's groups and users while retaining the domain's information by editing the domain and clearing Enabled.