The following issues are known to exist in Intigua 2.5:
- Active Directory authentication does not work with AD 2003.
- To upgrade a vAgent from one version of the agent to another, the vAgent needs to be fully removed and the new version then applied.
- Applying a vAgent as an unauthorized user generates the wrong error log ("vLink no found").
- Upon disconnecting an endpoint, installed vAgents are properly removed, but the previously running conventional (non-virtual) agents are not restored. To have the conventional agents restored, before disconnecting the endpoint, remove each of its vAgents, upon which the conventional agents are restored.
- When using Internet Explorer 9, changing the window sized may cause the Intigua Console to behave unpredictably.
- Upon restarting the Intigua server, it may take up to 15 minutes until all endpoint statuses are updated.
- Upon changing a physical endpoint hostname, it needs to be disconnected from Intigua and then re-added.
- Repairing the VMware Tools installation on a vSphere endpoint causes the Intigua connector to be removed and all vAgents to be stopped.
- Upon changing the port number in the agent-specific settings of a new vAgent package and deploying the package to a Linux endpoint, the new port number is not added to the endpoint's iptables as a firewall exception.
- Deploying the NBU vAgent on an endpoint fails with permission denied, when the endpoint already has the NBU legacy (non-virtual) agent, and the "NetBackup Database Extention - Graphical User Interface" is open.