Date: February 2017
Intigua version 3.4 includes the following new features:
Official Support for Windows 2016 Operating System
Official Support for Ubuntu 16.04 Operating System
Server details in tools overview page:
Now you can drill down and get more details on each server in the servers map. Click on a server and you should be able to see the following variables:
- Server name
- Source (i.e vCenter / Azure)
- Intigua status - based on the Intigua Connector connectivity to the Intigua Server
- Untested - Intigua has not yet attempted to communicate with the server. It is required to refresh it's status in order to retrieve further information.
- No connector installed - The Intigua Connector is not installed on the server
- Connected - Intigua is connected and running properly on the server
- Error - an Intigua related error occurred (e.g. The Intigua Connector is either disconnected, down or there are invalid credentials...)
- Server state - whether the server is running or off.
- Open exceptions - list of all open exceptions related to the selected server. Click 'Browse all' to see the detailed list.
Enterprise readiness score:
- This server specific score provides a quick reflection of the server readiness qualification based on the enterprise or organisation requirements. This number ranges between 0-100 and grades each server based on the policy rules that applies on that server. The grade takes under consideration the number of rules, the open exceptions, their severity and their type. The grade also weighs Intigua status, and the reason is that without the presence of Intigua, the full picture may not be clear. So if the server is connected and has no exceptions it will get 100, while if the server is disconnected and have 2 exceptions out of 2 rules it is likely to receive a very low score.
- Notice that a server is required to have at least one rule on it and to be powered on in order to receive the score (otherwise the score will indicate 'N/A')
- Click the score shield image to receive further information about the score and how to improve it.
- Fixed an issue where the Intigua Policy manager was flooding the Intigua console.
- Resolved a scenario where in some cases VMware discovery source was not discovering new servers.
Installation and Upgrades
- Deployment of new agents that are supported for Windows 2016 and Ubuntu 16.04 Operating Systems require the latest connector version - 3.4
- After upgrading to 3.4 (and performing a restart to the server) disable and enable discovery source.