Various environments of managed endpoints can be automatically discovered by JetAgent so that whenever a new endpoint instance is created, it is automatically added to JetAgent. When automatic discovery is combined with policy provisioning with auto-remediation, the effect is of automatic agent management and orchestration upon endpoint instance creation.
In the current version, policy provisioning auto-remediation is disabled by default and is recommended in all cases.
JetAgent supports the following kinds of automatic discovery of supported endpoint instances:
- JetAgent discovery: You can configure JetAgent with connection details to the management of the following environments, to automatically retrieve new endpoint instances:
- VMware vSphere and VCenter, for the discovery of VMs
- Amazon AWS EC2, for the discovery of cloud instances
- Microsoft Azure ASM and ARM for the discovery of cloud instances
- JetAgent plugins: Plugins are available from JetAgent Professional Services, to be installed in the following environments. These environments will then add their endpoints to JetAgent, along with configurable properties that are automatically converted to JetAgent tags for management and policy purposes:
- VMware vCenter Orchestrator (vCO)
- VMware vCloud Automation Center (vCAC)
Other, non-discoverable endpoints need to be added manually to JetAgent