Various environments of managed endpoints can be automatically discovered by JetPatch Agent Manager so that whenever a new endpoint instance is created, it is automatically added to JetPatch Agent Manager. When automatic discovery is combined with policy provisioning with auto-remediation, the effect is of automatic agent management and orchestration upon endpoint instance creation.
In the current version, policy provisioning auto-remediation is disabled by default and is recommended in all cases.
JetPatch Agent Manager supports the following kinds of automatic discovery of supported endpoint instances:
- JetPatch Agent Manager discovery: You can configure JetPatch Agent Manager with connection details to the management of the following environments, to automatically retrieve new endpoint instances:
- VMware vSphere and VCenter, for the discovery of VMs
- Amazon AWS EC2, for the discovery of cloud instances
- Microsoft Azure ASM and ARM for the discovery of cloud instances
- JetPatch Agent Manager plugins: Plugins are available from JetPatch Professional Services, to be installed in the following environments. These environments will then add their endpoints to JetPatch, along with configurable properties that are automatically converted to JetPatch Agent Manager tags for management and policy purposes:
- VMware vCenter Orchestrator (vCO)
- VMware vCloud Automation Center (vCAC)
Other, non-discoverable endpoints need to be added manually to JetPatch Agent Manager