You can run tasks directly from the Management table (Endpoints > Management)
To do so, select an endpoint and click on "SELECT ACTION", then choose "Run Task" and execute your tasks.
Progress of run task can be monitored from the activities table
Hover a task
To see task details you can hover over the task name and a pop-up window will open:
You will be able to see the following data:
- Task Name
- Task Description
- Operating Systems
- Task Source - by hovering the icons in the top right corner
- Command Line
- Script - provides you also the script name
- Executing a Reboot Procedure
Run Task at a Specific Time
Note: Scheduled tasks will be canceled if you restart Tomcat.
When choosing the task to run, you can delay the task to run on a specific time by choosing the Timezone and Date & Time
Run as an Unmanaged Task
From version 4.2.4 UR3 (Connector 188.8.131.52) onwards, unmanaged tasks can be executed without connector monitoring. This execution will not obstruct the Endpoint from running additional tasks in its regular run (System / User / User Schedule).
When the User chooses to execute a task as an Unmanaged Task:
- The task will run as an Unmanaged Task.
- The task will run without a timeout, disregarding the configured timeout on Task Settings (located on the 'Configuration' Tab).
- The task will run without Connector monitoring.
- It will be possible to set the task to run at a specific time.
- Running a task as Unmanaged will not prevent the Endpoint from executing additional tasks in its regular run (System / User / User Schedule)."
Note: It is required to make configuration changes for this feature to work:
- Connect to the JetPatch Core server through SSH and edit the file /usr/share/tomcat/default/conf/intigua.properties
- Add the line
3. Save the file and restart the tomcat.
To run the task please follow the same steps from "Run Task". Make sure the option "Run as Unmanaged Task" is selected.