This Python script allows for easy management of endpoints in JetPatch Manager by automating the creation and assignment of tags, as well as the creation of Smart Groups. Using the JetPatch Manager API, the script can be customized to meet specific tagging and Smart Group criteria, allowing for efficient and accurate organization of endpoints in the system. By eliminating the need for manual tagging and Smart Group creation, this script can save time and reduce the risk of human error.
- Target Endpoint MUST have already been discovered by JetPatch Manager.
- The location for .py files is in the directory /opt/intigua-python-client/ on JetPatch Core Server 4.2.4 UR3 or later version.
Change to /opt/intigua-python-client/ directory:
For performing a single operation (e.g.: assign a single tag to a single endpoint, create smart group based on a new tag):
intigua_tagservers.py --apikey <APIKEY> --url https://<DNS>/vmanage-server/rest/rest-api --user <username> --list <hostname,tag> --createsmartgroup
Note: Python scripts files archive is attached to this article. It can be manually copied into /opt/intigua-python-client/ directory on any previous JetPatch version.
For performing multiple operations (e.g.: assign a single tag to multiple endpoints):
intigua_tagservers.py --apikey <APIKEY> --url https://<DNS>/vmanage-server/rest/rest-api --user <username> --list <hostname,tag> <hostname,tag> <hostname,tag> <hostname,tag> --createsmartgroup
- Where the tag value contain any spacing, you MUST place the value between double quotes --list hostname,"Windows 10"
- More than one tag can be assigned to a single endpoint --list <hostname1,tag1> <hostname1,tag2>
- --createsmartgroup is an optional parameter
- Endpoint machine will be automatically assigned to a new smart group.