- The 3rd Party Software Plugin (System Center Updates Publisher) should be installed.
- JetPatch catalog is properly defined in the application.
- WSUS IPv4 address is static and whitelisted in JetPatch
- This automatic tool will skip all expired updates in the catalog (see below)
How to install/copy JetPatchSCUPTool
- Find the System Center Updates Publisher application (By default in C:\Program Files\Microsoft\UpdatesPublisher)
The cycle value can be set in config.txt file. It include Day and time in the following format:
Note: Configuration example is included in the zip package (EXAMPLE-Config.txt)
Run Once and Exit
To skip the configuration file schedule and run the scan only one time, rename or delete the file config.txt
In that case the tool will run the cycle and exit the application.
You can use the Windows scheduler to run the application in a specific schedule or for example on Windows boot.
Set the Scheduler to run the JetPatchSCUPTool on Windows Start
- Windows -> Run -> Schedule Tasks
- Set the trigger "When the computer starts"
- Select JetPatchSCUPTool.exe file as a program to run.
- Save the Task.
Our recommendation is configure schedule to run JetPatchSCUPTool once in a day.
- To do it you can use config.txt file or set a Windows Schedule.
- Console logs automatically save to a log file in logs directory (by default in C:\Program Files\Microsoft\UpdatesPublisher\logs)